Corporate Business Development Manager E-Commerce
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 14,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Business Development Manager E-Commerce to define and promote end-to-end E-Commerce Services to target customers, allowing Panalpina to offer additional Value Added Services to its existing ‘Tier 1’ customers, introduce new customers and support E2E service offering. This position combines e-commerce industry knowledge applied to Logistics to offer a differentiated service into the market. It also allows Panalpina to expand its service portfolio beyond the currently offered services.
- Define, develop and execute the business development strategy for e-commerce
- Identify target market segments, develop relationships with potential customers. Identify and deliver major strategic initiatives for global key accounts; lead global cross-functional project teams to deliver solutions from concept through to market and positive EBIT generation.
- Lead strategic business development, develop solutions together with the customers and with the Panalpina operations team.
- Develop, lead and manage all accounts through entire contract life cycle; pipeline development, RFI, RFQ, pricing, operational design, business case approval, final contract negotiations with customers and ongoing contract management.
- Customer facing role, with ability to independently lead technical and commercial negotiations with senior contacts (C-level management, including CFO and COO negotiations)
- Build and negotiate complex supply chain commercial agreements
- P&L (matrix) responsibility for managing and delivering commercial solutions for enterprise customers
- As the business grows, build and lead an account management team for all new global customers
- Play an integral role in product innovation
- Define, develop and execute branding & marketing approach, drive PR communication activities
- Monitor industry trends & developments, communicate industry knowledge within Panalpina, and actively seek opportunities to capitalize on the trends by creating new business opportunities
- Graduate degree - Bachelor required with MBA or other Masters preferable
- Profound market and operational knowledge of e-commerce is required
- Several years of experience in sales to large, multinational organizations
- Customer management experience with large, multinational organizations
- Supply chain and logistics know-how is of distinct advantage
- International experience and mindset and willing to travel as required
- Plan strategically and translate strategy into operational roadmaps, deploying resources efficiently while pushing for results
- Lead without formal authority, through influencing skills , persuasiveness, high integrity, natural authority and empowerment
- Manage cross-functional interfaces (Air, Ocean Freight, Logistics, Sales, Supply Chain Management, IT)
- Work in a matrix, to integrate and coordinate resources across functions and borders, building and using networks, encouraging collaboration across borders, being open to outside input and sharing knowledge and expertise
- Take complex decisions and be accountable, demonstrating managerial courage and taking responsibility while managing risk
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Solid business acumen
- Solid financial acumen, experience of managing a global P&L in a matrix organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Other languages are of advantage