Head of Digital Projects
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company, focusing on discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that can have a life-changing impact for patients worldwide.
- Provide leadership to digital projects across multiple business units and regions based on the digital strategy.
- Responsible for development and implementation of digital projects and for optimal alignment of these projects within the Digital Centre of Excellence; between solution design, delivery and service delivery.
- Have significant influence on performance and results of global business units and on the technical and the support discipline within the CoE and IS/IT.
- Use management, people and organisation skills to manage supply and demand between the business and the CoE.
- Identify and solve moderate to complex problems with an clear understanding of the impact on digital projects, the digital strategy and the IS/IT organisation.
- Identify in cooperation with global business units digital opportunities and needs; manage the feasibility of those in close coordination with BSS, EADS, Security and the Digital Service Delivery Teams.
- Establish a service catalogue; develop and promote relationships with business units.
- Develop, align and execute digital project plans within the digital CoE. Have broad technical, management and business knowledge and expertise to drive operational and financial performance across departments.
- Influence the leadership within the digital service line as well as within the various global business units and strive for buy-in solutions.
- Manage the Digital Service Line: various suppliers, the delivery of projects and the future support within the lifecycle of Digital solutions.
- In execution, manage the delivery of projects and global business partners within the operational processes of the centre of excellence based on the digital strategy.
- Exploit synergies with existing technology, infrastructure, security, platform standards and delivery/operation partnerships to facilitate the transition to state of the art technologies.
- Have direct responsibility for digital projects, the implementation and the communication aimed at the transformation and change.
- Use and select appropriate communications instruments, channels and content for project and CoE communications.
- Have responsibility for the annual budgeting, project budgets and manage work to budget.
- Manage matrix teams with various IT, medical, digital and consultative disciplines within the digital and business context and may lead peer managers in the delivery of projects and the maintenance of implemented projects within the Service Delivery Line.
- Work independently with only guidance in most strategic business critical situations
- Is a specialized senior professional with comprehensive experience and knowledge in the digital and other related disciplines with a strong commercial and business awareness.
- University Degree (Bachelor degree or higher)
- More than 7 years of relevant experience
- More than 3 years of line management experience
- Proven track record in performing projects in an international and distributed IS/IT environment.
- Experience in delivering Global Digital programs or global projects covering the use of analytics, change management and different communications channels as social media, etc.
- Experience in delivering web sites (internet or intranet) supported by content management and digital assets management technologies
- Experience with SharePoint based solutions (intranet sites, collaboration, work flow, applications), Office 365 and Cloud offers such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience of budget management, team leadership of international cross functional teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong experience with matrix organization and business projects multi-disciplinary teams or strategic change management projects.
- Strong experience in methods, project management, agile solutions delivery and quality management including working with Digital and Design agencies are essential.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of digital and digital marketing strategies
- Excellent track record on delivering globally scaled digital solutions